2019-2020 testing dates are not yet available, but will be posted here as soon as they have been released.
ACT Test Information
ACT stands for the “American College Test” and covers skills that you’ve learned in school. It began with four sections: English, Math, Social Studies, and Natural Sciences. and is now the more popular college admissions standardized test in the US, with the number of test-takers exceeding that of the SAT.
In college admissions, the ACT Composite Score is by far the most important score. It is calculating by taking an average of your 4 core section scores, with these important points:
- The Composite is rounded to the nearest whole number
- 0.5 is rounded UP to the nearest whole number.
** NOTE ALL JUNIORS IN THE CLARK COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT WILL TAKE THE ACT TEST FOR FREE **
Please visit The ACT Test website for more information.
Practice Proficiency Tests
Study & Test Preparation Aides
- EdReady is a personalized college math preparation program designed to help learners test their college math readiness, view study options, and follow a personalized student path to fill in the knowledge gaps. For information about the implementation of EdReady and answers to some frequently asked questions, please CLICK HERE. For instructions on how to access EdReady through the Canvas Learning Management System, please CLICK HERE.
Students can link College Board and Khan Academy accounts to generate free, personalized online practice for the SAT, based on their PSAT results, thus allowing them to tap into the rich analysis and instructional planning offered on the K-12 score-reporting portal. In order do take advantage of this free service, students should:
- Visit studentscores.collegeboard.org to create a College Board account and get their full PSAT 10 score report.
- Create a Khan Academy account at satpractice.org and link it to their College Board account to get free, personalized practice for the SAT.
- Explore their interests through the personalized MyRoad tool and visit bigfuture.org to learn more about careers and majors – both available via their online PSAT 10 score report.
March 2 Success
March 2 Success (M2S) is a free, no obligation, interactive, online, self-paced academic program designed to improve student performance on standardized tests, college admissions tests (SAT, ACT), while enhancing student math, science, English and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) skills. Please read the accompanying PDF for more information.