HOME & MOBILE INTERNET SERVICE FOR COVID-19
The FCC launched the Keep Americans Connected initiative in response to COVID-19 asking broadband and telephone service providers to pledge to waive late fees, not cut off service for lack of payment, and open hot spots. Below are providers that have taken the pledge:
- AT&T offers open hot spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families. More information is available online at https://about.att.com/pages/COVID-19.html#consumers and in PDF flyers in English by CLICKING HERE and in Spanish by CLICKING HERE.
- Sprint will follow the FCC agreement and will provide unlimited data to existing customers, and starting March 17th will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra cost. For more information, please visit https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/covid-19.html.
- T-Mobile has removed smartphone data caps for all customers for the next 60 days, added 20GB hotspot/tethering service for customers for the next 60 days, and $15/month plans to low income families. For more information, visit: https://www.t-mobile.com/news/tmobile-connect-launch or view their informational PDF document by CLICKING HERE.
- Verizon has no special offers but is following the FCC agreement. For more information, visit: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/covid-19-faqs.
In addition, local Internet Service Providers offer the below assistance to Southern Nevada families:
- CenturyLink: Internet Basics program is available to eligible students and their families. For information, please visit www.centurylink.com/home/internetbasics/
- Cox Communications: Connect2Compete is a program that offers low-cost home internet service for families that have a K-12 student and receive government assistance. More information is available in PDF flyers by CLICKING HERE for the English version or CLICKING HERE for the Spanish version, or at http://connect2compete.org/cox.
- Spectrum: For any student who doesn’t have access to the internet, please call Spectrum at 1-844-488-8398. They will allow free access to the internet during the time that schools are closed.